- View the current list of job openings here.
- You may either use the online fillable form to submit your application or you can pick up a hard copy of the application from City Hall.
- Applications must be filled out in their entirety. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you misrepresent or falsify information or do not include requested materials, we may reject your application. If you are employed by the City and we later discover inaccurate or misleading information, you may be disciplined up to and including termination.
- Each job posting includes the job description which details minimum and preferred qualifications and skills.
- We carefully review and evaluate each application.
- We may require pre-employment assessment screening, which may include physical or skills and ability testing to help identify a candidate's individual capabilities.
- Top candidates will proceed to the first interview phase.
- You must check the email account you provided with your application for updates regarding the status of your application during the selection process. If you fail to respond, you may be removed from consideration.
Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful completion of a background check, which may include any of the following:
- Criminal History Check
- Driving Record Check
- Verification of employment history, education and references
- Physical Examination
- Drug Screening
If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the City Clerk at (573) 774-6171 or by email.
The City offers several ways of applying for open positions. The simpliest is to download and fill out the E-Sign version of our General Employment application. You can digitally sign the document and email straight to our Human Resources division. Additional documentation can be attached to the email before it is sent.
If digital signatures aren't for you, you can still download and fill out the application. After completion, print the application, sign and then either email the completed application, drop off the application at the front desk of City Hall or mail your application. Be sure to include any additional documentation to the address listed below.
Police Application & Personal History Statement
Applications may also be picked up at the front desk of City Hall, Monday thru Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.